The umbilical hernia belt provides relief when part of the intestine protrudes through an opening in your abdominal muscles.
An inguinal hernia occurs when soft tissue — usually part of the membrane lining the abdominal cavity (omentum) or part of the intestine — protrudes through a weak point or tear in the abdominal muscles. The resulting bulge can be painful, especially when you cough, bend over or lift a heavy object. Inguinal hernias are more common in men.
- The umbilical hernia belt/truss provides significant relief from abdominal pain associated with an umbilical hernia
- Foam pad adds rigidity, padding, and provides a non-elastic zone that helps to direct compression on the hernia
- Cotton/elastic blend provide breathable, comfortable support
- Dual Velcro strips ensure positive closure and adjustment
- Measure around abdomen (belly) for a proper fit. Waist (pant) size may not be a good indicator for size as most people need to wear the belt closer to the belly and not the hips.